At the February 10th council meeting, City of Surrey planning staff presented a report updating mayor and council on the staff’s progress with current neighbourhood plans and outlining the City’s planning priorities for the next couple of years. The key highlights are as follows:
The land use plans supporting the Surrey-Langley SkyTrain are underway. This includes:
- An update to the City Centre Plan scheduled to be submitted for council consideration by end of 2021.
- A new, expanded Fleetwood Plan to replace the Fleetwood Town Centre Plan and expand the plan boundary in most directions. Staff indicate the goal is to have final (stage 2) completion by summer of 2022.
- Updates to the Clayton area plans, including West Clayton, East Clayton, North Cloverdale East, and North Cloverdale are scheduled to be completed by early 2021. Also included is a new East Cloverdale NCP which is expected to go to Council for consideration late in 2023.
Town Centre Plans
- Cloverdale Town Centre Plan was completed and approved late last year.
- Newton Town Centre and Guildford Town Centre plans are anticipated to go before council this year.
- The Semiahmoo Town Centre plan should see stage 1 before council this year and stage 2 before council in 2021.
Other In-process Neighbourhood Plans
- Redwood Heights & Darts Hill neighbourhood plans in Grandview have stage 1 approval. Redwood Heights should go to council for stage 2 approval this month and Darts Hill should go to council in the next 12 months.
- Anniedale-Tynehead has an approved servicing plan that has “just begun implementation” but a pending review of the NCP could modify the land use plan in some areas and cause development to be held up until the review is complete.
If you’d like to read the update in more detail, the full corporate report can be found on the City’s website HERE, or give me a shout to discuss.